Support Programme for Industrial Innovation (SPII)
- This programme is not limited to SMME's but is also applicable to larger organisations.
- Private, taxpaying entities can qualify for the grant.
- Assistance is a 50% - 75% (dependant on BEE status) taxable, non-refundable grant on up to R10.0 million of the direct cost of development activities per project.
- Qualifying expenses incurred after date of submission of an application may be considered for payment.
- Payment will take place on achievement of ideally no more than three pre-determined milestones per approved project.
- A project or process must demonstrate a commercial innovation. Innovation means better but not necessarily cheaper.
- Successful projects may be subject to performance audits for up to 3 years after receipt of the last milestone payment.